Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spaghetti Squash



I made this last night - roasted spaghetti squash with a quick tomato and onion sauté on top. Supper was bangers and mash, but I don't really need this particular meal as often as the rest of the family, so I decided it was a good night to use up the squash from our organic box. The eldest child has gone off spuds so she had squash with me and everyone was happy. Yes, there are some black specks in the sauce - that would be my burnt onion. I do miss my gas stove. But while I seem to burn things more often with the electric stove, at least I have the hood fan now, so I'm not setting off the smoke detector as much.



Last Friday night I tried to order pizza but nobody was answering the phone at Domino's, so I decided to make homemade. The kids prefer putting on their own toppings anyway. I was a little out of practice, having been on a homemade pizza hiatus since the book, but it all came back quickly and now I'm a born again pizza maker. Above you have mine (pesto, feta, fresh tomato and olives) and the middle child's (tomato sauce, mozzarella, salami and olives).

No comments: