Wednesday, October 29, 2008

daidoko

I know the subtitle says "what I made", but for those of you following my other blog, you may recall my devotion to daidoko. Two days ago I stopped in at this wonderful Japanese style deli. I was early enough (11.45) that I got the full selection (they only make a certain number of servings and when it's gone, it's gone, and they close shop). So for your viewing pleasure... my lunch on Tuesday:



Going clockwise from the top (my photo doesn't quite do it justice but I wanted to get a bit of the driftwood counter in): Grilled Rockfish with sweet miso sauce on potato salad with organic cucumber, a serving of organic kale and kobu dressed with sesame and almond cream and a serving of organic kabocha squash, roasted red pepper cha-mane with smoked paprika and roasted garlic oil. These descriptions were copied directly from the display counter - I don't know what is meant by cha-mane. Or if I got it right. But it was delicious. They use all local foods, mostly organic and this meal cost me a grand total of 7$. So my invitation is out: if anyone wants to come visit, I'll take you out to daidoko for lunch. But only on a weekday (they're closed on weekends). I wanted to take photos of the place itself, but I didn't want to bother all the other customers with the incessant click clicking of my camera. You'll just have to come see it for yourselves. A little piece of food paradise.

No comments: